Calculate your 3 Team Parlay Bets with our free calculator below.
What is a 3 Team Parlay Calculator?
A 3 team parlay bet calculator is a tool which can be utilized to work out a 3 pick parlay payout. Furthermore, a bet includes 3 outcomes where all outcomes have to win to receive a payout.
If you are interested in understanding how Parlay bets work check our Parlay bet calculator.
3 Team Parlay Meaning
If you are a sports bettor, you may have heard of a treble bet, also known as a 3-team parlay. This type of Parlay bet allows you to combine the outcomes of three different events into a single wager, with the potential for a larger payout than if you bet on each event separately. But also, higher risk.
However, calculating the potential payout for a treble bet can be a bit tricky, especially if you are not familiar with the odds and the different types of bets available. That’s where a treble bet calculator comes in handy.ç
Other ways to call a 3 team parlay bet are:
- Treble bet.
- 3 Leg Parlay.
- 3 Ways Parlay.
- 3 Game Parlay.
- 3 Pick Parlay.
They all make reference to the same type of bet where there are up to 3 selections.
In this article, we will explain what a treble bet is, how it works, and how to use a 3 team parlay bet calculator to calculate your potential payout. So if you are interested in trying your luck with a treble bet, read on to learn more.
How 3 Team Parlay bets are Calculated
In sports betting, a parlay bet is a type of wager where you combine multiple individual bets into one larger bet. A three-team parlay specifically involves choosing the outcomes of three different games or events and combining them into a single bet.
Here’s how it works:
- Selection of Teams/Events: You start by selecting three different teams or events that you want to bet on. Let’s say you’re interested in betting on three hockey games: Game A, Game B, and Game C.
- Bet Placement: For each game, you choose which team you think will win or, in some cases, whether the game will end in a tie (depending on the sport and the available betting options). You place your wager on each individual game, just like you would for a regular bet.
- Combining Bets: Once you have chosen your three bets, you can combine them into a single three-team parlay bet. This means that all three of your chosen teams/events must win (or tie) for your parlay bet to be successful.
- Payouts: If all three of your selected teams/events win, you will receive a higher payout compared to if you had placed three separate bets. The payout for a parlay bet is calculated by multiplying the odds for each individual bet together. This multiplication factor can lead to larger potential winnings, but it also increases the risk since all of your chosen teams/events must win for you to win the bet.
It’s important to note that if even one of your chosen teams/events loses or ties, your entire parlay bet is considered a loss, and you won’t receive any winnings.
Example of a 3 Team Parlay Bet
A 3 team parlay could be across 3 different NHL games, for example:
- Toronto Maple Leafs v Montreal Canadiens
- Vegas Golden Knights v Colorado Avalanche
- Pittsburgh Penguins v New York Rangers
For each game, you could pick a moneyline bet on the following:
- Toronto Maple Leafs (1.8) over Montreal Canadiens
- Vegas Golden Knights (1.72) over Colorado Avalanche
- Pittsburgh Penguins (1.83) over New York Rangers
The 3 play parlay would be 1 bet on the 3 teams mentioned above, if aunty of the picks lose the bet loses. If all 3 picks win you’ll win the parlay bet.
How Our Treble Bet Calculator Works
Explanation of the input fields (bet amount, odds, number of teams)
The input fields required to use the treble bet calculator to get an accurate 3 team parlay payout would be the 3 selections, the odds of each of the selections, the desired stake and finally the outcome of the event.
Calculation and Results
Using the example above:
- Toronto Maple Leafs (1.8) over Montreal Canadiens
- Vegas Golden Knights (1.72) over Colorado Avalanche
- Pittsburgh Penguins (1.83) over New York Rangers
A $100 3 game parlay would be worked out by placing the $100 on the first selections, the total return of this bet would then roll onto selection 2, and the total return of this would then go onto the third outcome. Meaning the bet has a cumulative effect and can return much higher returns for a lower wager.
- $100 on Toronto Maple Leafs to beat Montreal Canadiens at 1.8 = $100 x 1.8 = $180 total return
- $180 on Vegas Golden Knights to beat Colorado Avalanche at 1.72 = $180 x 1.72 = $309.60 return
- $309.60 Pittsburgh Penguins to beat the New York Rangers at 1.83 = $309.60 x 1.83 = $566.57
So the total return would be $566.57, minus the origins; $100 wager you would end up with a $466.57 profit
Calculate other types of bets in our overall sports betting odds calculator.
Benefits of Using a 3 Team Parlay Calculator
There are many benefits to using a treble bet calculator, furthermore, it saves time, reduces errors, helps with bankroll management and allows analysis of different scenarios in terms of the different outcomes which may occur. Overall using a calculator to work out a 3 game parlay bet allows you to make more informed decisions about your bets and potentially maximize your winnings. Let’s explore some of the benefits of using a treble bet calculator.
Ease of Calculation:
Calculating potential payouts and odds for a three-team parlay can be complex and time-consuming, especially for those who are not familiar with the intricacies of parlay bets. A parlay calculator simplifies this process by automatically performing the calculations for you. You simply input the odds for each selection, and the calculator quickly provides you with the potential payout.
Accurate Payout Estimates:
Parlay bets involve multiplying the odds of each individual selection together to determine the overall payout. Manual calculations can lead to errors, especially when dealing with multiple selections. A parlay calculator eliminates the risk of miscalculations, ensuring accurate payout estimates.
Comparison of Different Scenarios:
Parlay calculators allow you to explore different scenarios and combinations of odds. You can experiment with various selections, adjust the odds, or add or remove teams/events to see how it affects the potential payout. This feature enables you to make more informed decisions when constructing your parlay bet and helps you strategize based on the desired payout or risk level.
Time and Effort Savings:
The convenience of a parlay calculator saves you time and effort. Instead of manually crunching numbers, the calculator provides instant results. This frees up your time to focus on other aspects of your sports betting analysis or to place more bets.
Enhanced Bankroll Management:
A parlay calculator can assist in managing your bankroll effectively. By inputting different wager amounts, you can determine how much you stand to win or lose based on your bet size. This allows you to assess the potential risk and rewards of a parlay bet and make more informed decisions about how much to stake.
Confidence in Decision Making:
Parlay calculators provide a level of certainty and confidence in your betting choices. With accurate payout estimates and the ability to experiment with different scenarios, you can evaluate the potential profitability of your parlay bets. This knowledge empowers you to make well-informed decisions and approach your betting strategy with confidence.
How to Place a 3 Team Parlay/Treble Bet
A 3 team parlay or treble bet can be placed on any chosen sportsbook as it is a common bet type across the world. Simply add 3 different selections from different games to a bet slip and the option will appear below the selections. The name of the bet may differ from sportsbook to sportsbook for example some may call it a parlay, 3 team parlay, 3 game parlay or a treble.
Step by step, the process would go like this (may vary depending on the sportsbook platform):
Choose Your Selections:
Start by selecting the three teams or events you want to include in your parlay/treble bet. You can choose teams from different sports or events happening at the same time. Ensure that you have a clear understanding of the teams, their current form, and any relevant statistics or factors that might influence the outcome.
Determine the Odds:
Look for the odds associated with each of your chosen selections. Odds represent the probability of a particular outcome and the potential payout you can receive if your bet is successful. You can find the odds at sportsbooks, either online or at physical locations.
Calculate the Potential Payout:
Use our 3 team parlay calculator. Enter the odds for each selection, and the calculator will provide you with an estimated payout amount. This step helps you understand the potential return on your bet before finalizing it.
Place Your Bet:
Once you have decided on your selections and are comfortable with the potential payout, it’s time to place your bet. Visit your preferred sportsbook or use an online betting platform that offers parlay betting. Ensure that you have a funded account or deposit the necessary funds.
Fill Out the Bet Slip:
On the bet slip, indicate that you want to place a parlay/treble bet. Enter the details of your selections, including the team names, event dates, and the type of bet (parlay/treble). Double-check that you have entered the correct information to avoid any mistakes.
Specify the Stake:
Determine the amount you want to wager on your three-team parlay/treble bet. Enter the stake amount on the bet slip. Keep in mind that the potential payout will be based on the stake you specify.
Confirm and Place Your Bet:
Review your bet slip to ensure that all the information is accurate, including your selections, stake, and potential payout. Once you are satisfied, confirm your bet and submit it. At this point, your bet is placed, and you are officially in the running for a successful three-team parlay/treble bet.
Monitor the Results:
Sit back and enjoy the games or events you have bet on. Keep an eye on the outcomes of each selection in your parlay. Remember that for your bet to win, all three selections must be successful. If even one selection loses, your parlay bet will be unsuccessful.
Examples of How a Treble Bet Calculator Can Help Improve Your Betting Strategy
A 3 game parlay will allow you to optimize your wager as you can tweak the selections and the wager to find your desired risk-to-reward strategy. This also aids in bankroll management for example you may only want to wager $10 maximum but the 3 different selections you entered may not give a high enough reward therefore you can look for different selections with higher odds to increase the payout.
It will allow you to compare odds and how they affect the payout while also allowing you to explore different scenarios, for example, the event may be voided, and the 3 pick parlay allows you to change this selection to void so you can see how this affects your payout.
Here are some examples of how you would benefit from our tool:
Assessing Potential Payouts:
A treble bet calculator helps you calculate the potential payouts of different treble bets before placing them. By inputting the odds of each selection, you can instantly see the potential return on your bet. This allows you to compare different treble combinations and select the ones that offer the most attractive payouts. The calculator helps you make informed decisions based on the potential rewards and adjust your betting strategy accordingly.
For example, if you’re considering three different treble bets with different odds, the calculator can help you quickly determine which combination offers the highest potential payout. This knowledge enables you to prioritize the bets with the best return on investment and maximize your potential winnings.
Using a treble bet calculator helps you manage your bankroll effectively. By inputting different stake amounts, you can see how it affects the potential payout. This feature allows you to assess the risk-reward ratio and determine the optimal amount to wager on your treble bets based on your bankroll and betting strategy. You can adjust your stake accordingly to control your risk exposure and ensure you’re comfortable with the potential losses.
For instance, if you have a limited bankroll, the calculator can help you determine the appropriate stake that balances potential returns and risk. It assists in avoiding overextending your bankroll on high-risk treble bets and promotes responsible betting practices.
Evaluating Different Scenarios:
A treble bet calculator allows you to experiment with different scenarios and combinations of odds. You can input various odds for each selection to see how it affects the potential payout. This feature helps you assess the impact of different outcomes or adjust your selections based on changing odds.
For instance, if you’re considering different selections for a treble bet and the odds for one selection change, the calculator can help you understand the potential impact on the overall payout. You can quickly compare different scenarios and adapt your betting strategy accordingly.
Confidence in Decision-Making:
By using a treble bet calculator, you gain confidence in your betting decisions. The calculator provides you with accurate and instant calculations, eliminating the risk of manual errors. This gives you a clear understanding of the potential payouts and helps you make well-informed choices when constructing your treble bets.
For example, when you input the odds into the calculator and see the calculated potential payouts, you can be confident in the accuracy of your calculations. This confidence enables you to approach your betting strategy with clarity and conviction.
Tips for Using the 3 Team Parlay Calculator Effectively
Using a three-team parlay calculator effectively can enhance your betting experience and help you make informed decisions. Here are some tips to help you utilize the calculator efficiently:
- Familiarize Yourself with our Calculator: Take some time to understand how the parlay calculator works. Familiarize yourself with its features, input fields, and functions. Ensure that you know how to input the odds for each selection accurately. This knowledge will help you navigate the calculator quickly and avoid any errors in the calculations.
- Gather Accurate Odds: Before using the calculator, gather the most up-to-date and accurate odds for each of your selections. Odds can fluctuate based on various factors, such as team performance, injuries, or market changes. Ensure that you have the latest odds to get the most accurate payout estimates from the calculator.
- Double-Check Your Inputs: Accuracy is crucial when using the parlay calculator. Double-check that you have entered the correct odds for each selection. Even a small mistake in inputting the odds can significantly affect the calculated payout. Take your time to verify the inputs before running the calculations.
- Compare Different Scenarios: Another tip is to consider different scenarios, for example, as mentioned above, if an event was in doubt go ahead, before you place the bet you could analyze how this would affect the returns if that 1 event was cancelled and the bet was made void. In this case, you would change the outcome to void and the calculator would work the et out as a 2 team parlay/double bet calculator.
- Understand the Risk-Reward Ratio: The parlay calculator not only calculates the potential payouts but also provides insights into the risk-reward ratio. Pay attention to the calculated odds and potential returns. Higher odds generally imply higher risk, while lower odds indicate lower risk but also lower potential winnings. Find a balance that aligns with your risk tolerance and betting strategy.
- Practice Bankroll Management: Use the calculator to practice effective bankroll management. Experiment with different stake amounts to see how they impact the potential payout. Find a stake size that suits your bankroll and aligns with your overall betting strategy. Remember to never wager more than you are willing to lose.
- Analyze Historical Data: After using the calculator for several bets, review your results and analyze the historical data. Assess the accuracy of the calculator’s payout estimates compared to the actual outcomes. This analysis can help you refine your understanding of how the calculator works and make any necessary adjustments to your betting strategy.
For example, you can input different odds for one of your selections to assess how it affects the overall payout. This comparison helps you evaluate the potential profitability of different parlay combinations and make more informed decisions.
FAQ – Treble Bet Calculator
No, they are the same bet. There are many variations in terms that can be used – for example, you can call the bet a 3-game parlay, a 3 pick parlay, a 3 leg parlay, treble etc; they are all the same type of bet where there is 1 bet on 3 selections. If 1 bet loses the whole bet loses, if all win the bet wins.
A 3 game parlay can be used across any sport on most markets. Some companies will have some limitations in terms of what markets it can be used on, particularly prop markets may be limited to straight/single bets only. You also can’t place a 3-team parlay on 1 event, each selection must be mutually independent from one another, this will be reflected in the bet slip of the company as the parlay option will not appear if this is the case.
This would depend on the odds of the 3 teams chosen and the outcome of each selection. All 3 selections would need to win in order for you to win up to $900.
In a 3-team parlay, you select three different teams to win their respective games or events. If all three teams win, your parlay is successful, and you receive a higher payout than if you had bet on each team individually. However, if any of the three teams loses or ties, the entire parlay is considered a loss.